Response to #1
In writing the literacy analysis paper, I have had a common writing process that I have followed. This process has consisted of many steps and completing the steps were necessary for me to complete the paper in a timely fashion.
My first step consisted of prewriting key words on a piece of paper. This helps me start to think about what I want to write about in the paper and where I want to go in the paper. This step is extremely important to my success in writing the paper
The next step is taking those keywords and trying to make a web with them. I have the main idea in the center and branch off other ideas from the center idea. I then turn this web into my various paragraphs in the paper. This lets me see all the options that I have in the paper and to also generate more ideas for the paper.
The next step is to take the web and keywords and to make it into of a rough outline. The outline lets me put all of my ideas into a form that I can easily read and add or delete ideas from. Also, on the outline, I start to incorporate quotes and other passages from the text. This allows me to generate ideas about how to incorporate the quotes in the paper, when I start to write my rough draft.
The rough draft is the next step in my writing process. This consists of me writing the essay in a rough format. I write out the introduction, body paragraphs, and also the conclusion. Then I reread the paper and make corrections. After the corrections, I retype the rough draft and now I have my first revision. I usually do about two or three revisions for each paper until I am satisfied with the result.
The final step in my writing process is to make the final copy. This consists of me correcting all errors and making the paper presentable. This includes me addressing all heading issues and making sure the page number is in the upper left hand column. This is my writing process that I complete for almost every paper that I complete.
I did not have to change my writing process for the literacy analysis or the argumentative letter. I do not see myself changing my writing process anytime soon unless there is some type of paper that requires changing my writing process. I like my writing process because it allows me to think and catch errors from the rough draft. This is like having someone look at your paper to give feedback and find errors in the paper. I really like my own writing process and see myself using it in the future.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment