Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Can Only Wish

Every night before I go to bed I pray that tomorrow will be better then today. I hope to one day wake up in a wonderful place where there is no crime, no hate, and to a place where I can enjoy going to school. I am currently in the tenth grade. I have two younger brothers who are just now beginning to attend school and I can only wish that they have a better experience than I have had.

Every morning I only wake up to find that I am in the same old bed that I fell asleep in the night before and that I am still living in the same run down town that has no hope to get better. The days slowly pass by and I fell as if I am trapped in a place where there is no way to escape. I wake up to a house that smells of sewage. It feels as if nothing is ever clean for the floors are covered in dirt and mold and rats are running around as if they own the place. When I walk outside it is as if nothing has changed. I still can smell the same sewage smell that seems to pour out of our house and the streets are no longer streets for they are filled with garbage that seems to be days old.

My brothers and I walk to school knowing that we are not going to be learning much. I, myself feel as if I cannot read any better then the students in the seventh grade. All of our classes are crammed and uncomfortable which makes it even harder for me to be able to learn. The teachers just go through the motions of teaching for there is never enough supplies for either them or the students. The atmosphere is much like my house; it never seems clean and always filled the smell of sewage and covered with mold. I wish I were able to learn like a normal student outside this world that I am now living in.

When I go home at night I feel as if I have accomplished nothing all day. There is nothing for my to do so again I go up to my room and say my prayer hoping the next day is better. That I will one day wake up in a world that is far better then the one I am now living in.

No comments: