Sunday, February 10, 2008

Audi R8

The best Super Bowl commercial that I saw was the Audi commercial. It was a very well thought out commercial. It grabbed the attention of the viewer first then it went on to tell the car that they were trying to sell. I think that this was just a great commercial.

The commercial is a play off of the Godfather scene were the horses head was placed in the bed of the person that was hated. In this commercial a guy is in his bed, waking up. The viewer can see a little bit of a black liquid on his sheets. He then proceeds to pull his arm out from under the covers. He see that it is covered I this black liquid. He then looks around cautiously to see what is going on. He then pulls the covers down to his feet to see a front end of a luxury car. Then it pans out to the view of the new Audi R8. Then it says “Old Luxury just got put on notices.” Then it shows the new Audi R8 flying out of the driveway of the house. Then it says “Audi and the R8 are here.” The commercial ends with the R8 driving down a back country road.

I think that the commercial got its point a crossed great. It grabbed people’s attention by taking off of one of the most famous scenes from Hollywood. They could then get a picture of what led up to the scene. It paints a great picture. You can imagine this Audi R8 cutting the fronts end off of an old luxury car. So, you got the point that the R8 was the end of all the other luxury cars. It was the latest and greatest thing to come to the car scene. It was bigger and badder than all the rest of the cars. I think that this was a well designed commercial. This was due to the fact that little had to be said. And that almost everyone still got the point.

I think that this was one of the best commercials on the Super Bowl this year. It conveys a strong story that all people can understand. It was also a good plot that made people laugh. It was just a good overall commercial.

I don’t think that any of the other commercials were any good at all I thought that this year Super Bowl was just a lull. Most were just simple commercials that you would expect to see on T.V. just on a regular day. I think that they could have made much better commercials

No comments: