Since I was in elementary school, there has always been a great emphasis on the writing process. Teachers offered different methods in coming up with ideas to produce a clear and thought out paper. I have always been chosen to outline or write out notes rather than webbing or use other visuals. It easiest to see my thoughts when they are written out clearly so I can picture how my final draft is going to turn out. Throughout my education, I can recall using a similar writing process with every paper. I have not made too many changes to it but I have added some aspects that have improved my writing.
For the argumentative paper, my writing process included a great deal of brainstorming. I tried to think of interesting and unique ways to persuade my audience of my stance. It is very difficult to be persuasive through writing because most people are used to using persuasion verbally. After a great deal of thought, I constructed my argument into a cohesive outline. This helped me gather my thoughts and visualize how I would write my paper. Once I had this done, I began drafting my paper. I pieced together my thoughts into an organized paper. I had a classmate proof read my work which helped me see what I could improve on before turning my paper in. When I got my paper back, I noticed I got many points off for not explaining my points well enough. This helped a great deal when it came to my literary analysis paper. I did not change my writing process too drastically, but I did add some steps. I decided to map out what contextual evidence I wanted to use to help explain my thesis. After doing so, I wrote out how each quote better explained my thesis. I wrote a rough draft and proofread my work. In class I had someone proofread my work which helped me realize what I needed to improve on. I fixed the mistakes that my reviewer corrected. I decided to go to the write place to make sure I was on the right track. This helped me see what points I needed to make clearer and make sure that I was answering the prompt correctly. In the future, I do not think I will be changing my writing process much more. This seemed to work well for me. I will continue to develop my skills through future papers and produce well thought out papers.
Overall, the use of pre writing and a personalized writing process has helped me become a better writer. I plan on adapting my thoughts to future papers and apply new ideas that will help me write a better paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment