My process for writing the argumentative paper was in a step-by-step process. I wrote out thoroughly what I wanted to say and then put phrases together to make some actual sentences. I started by making a diagram that had important words from the text and then explained why I believe that Savage Inequalities should remain in the Humanities Base Text. By writing out my thoughts, it is also easier to put together paragraphs for the paper.
My process has changed somewhat while writing the literary analysis, because I started out the same way by making a diagram with important points. I also re-read the text over again for learning to Read and Write by Frederick Douglass, because I wanted to get a better understanding of the text and some of the major points that I would need to put into my paper. I struggled with the thesis when writing this paper, because I did not know exactly how I wanted to put my paper together and so I felt that if I delayed the thesis until I was done writing my paper, maybe that would help me get an accurate thesis. Normally when writing papers, I am always able to come up with a thesis, but not knowing exactly what I wanted to write this paper about made me ponder the thesis a bit more.
I feel that with every single paper, my thought process and lay out of it is very different. I never used to write out my papers until the argumentative paper. I felt that writing it out would make it more visible for me to understand what I was writing and to get a better understanding of what I was writing made sense. I could possibly change my process of writing papers in the future, but for now I will just work on the process that I understand and can do to my best ability. Having a grasp of one writing process makes the process go along a lot more smoothly.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment