My writing process for the argumentative paper was essentially the same as every other paper I write. I tend to stick with the same process because it works well for me. My writing process is not very complicated. I think the writing process is something that is different for everyone and everyone just has to figure out what is best for them.
I start by reading the assignment over a few times to make sure I fully understand everything that I need to cover. After that I usually do some kind of outline, sometimes it’s more of a structured outline and other times I just write a few things down. After I have done this I like to go back and look at the text. I reread the text and highlight details, like quotes, that I believe would help to support my paper. Then I go through the detail and write the ones that I want to use down on my outline. After I have done all this is when I write my thesis statement. I look at the different things that I addressed in my outline and set those up to be the different paragraphs. One I have a clear thesis statement I begin writing my introduction, making sure to start it off more broad and ending it with my thesis which is more specific. Once I have my introduction written I then write the body parts of my paragraph and conclusion. After I have written the paper I read it over. When I read over my papers it’s really important that I print them out or read them out loud because when I just look it over on the computer I hardly ever any mistakes.
The only difference in my writing process for the literary analysis paper was the web free write that we did in class. I had never done one of these before but I thought it was very helpful. It made it possible for me to see the different paragraphs I could have on my essays and which ones I had a lot of information for and were good choices and which should probably be removed because I just didn’t have enough information to support them. It was helpful to be able to see this from the beginning rather than after I had started writing a paragraph and then realize that I didn’t have anything else to say.
Overall, I think my writing process is what works best for me and I plan to stick to it in the future. I might substitute the web free right for an outline though because I really think that they helped me to see where my paper was going. In conclusion everyone writes differently and its extremely important that everyone find a writing process that works for them.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment