On my Argument paper I was very pleased with my grade. I did much better on this paper then on my first paper which made me happy because that means that I improved on my writing skills. I do not have to do a rewrite on this paper like I did on the first one we received back. I took into account the comments on my first paper and made sure that I did not make the same mistakes on the second paper. I feel that after receiving my paper back, I accomplished this.
I agree with all the comments that were made on my paper. There were two times that I used a quote from a source but did not introduce the source. I should have introduced the author of the source and their credibility. I will take this into account the next time I cite a source in a paper. I think that this was very good advice. I also had one paragraph that was on the shorter side. I should have tried to expand the topic more and give more detail.
I feel that the strengths in my paper were my outside sources and my thesis statement. I feel that all three points in my thesis gave a good argument for my paper. I believe that if the English department were to really read my paper they might be persuaded to keep the article in the Humanities Bases book. I also feel that my outside sources gave credibility to my paper. They strengthened the points of my paper and gave insight not only from me as the writer, but from other credible sources.
I feel that the weakness in my paper was not introducing my quotes. This is an important part of the paper because it helps the reader get to know where the quote is from and why it is important to the paper. As a write I feel that you have to let your readers know everything in a paper. You do not want them guessing about anything.
The comments on my paper were very clear. They really helped me to understand what I did wrong on the paper. They also give me advice on what to watch on my next paper so that I do not make the same mistakes twice. On the next paper I need to make sure I introduce quotes for each new source and make sure that I put detail in every paragraph. If I take these comments into consideration I hope that the grades on my papers will keep improving.
No comments:
Post a Comment