Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Why People love Paying for Pepsi

By the time Sunday came around, I had sitting on my couch for the third day in a row with a swollen face and an aching jaw. I was excited to watch the super bowl because apparently when I was under whatever medicine I was given before having my wisdom teeth removed, I was mumbling to my doctor about the commercials and the Giants. I was looking forward to spending time with my parents and my grandpa who were going to be watching the game with me, and my mom was really only there for the commercials. We thought the Bud Light were going to the be the best, but I was surprised when I laughed the hardest and the new Pepsi Max- with Ginseng, which I immediately regretted when my mouth started to quiver with pain.
The commercial for the Pepsi Max- with Ginseng started off with two sports announcers talking about the super bowl game of The Giants verse the New England Patriots and “What is love?” started to pick up in the background. The commercial goes through a series of clips of people starting with a man eating at a diner countertop, two cowboys riding horses, four people at a movie, two men working at a sushi restaurant, a man working at a bobble head toy factory and a game show contestant who are all dropping their heads because they are tired. The creative part of the commercial is that the dropping of the heads goes with the beat up the song. The beginning of the song has a very strong beat that is steady and calm. Then as the song continues, the beat is picked up by another set of beats that are sharper, faster and more upbeat. The more upbeat tone of the song was highlighted by the more energized people of the commercial after they drank the Pepsi Max- with Ginseng. After having drank the new Pepsi product, the people is the commercial beat their head to the more upbeat and faster part of the song.
I think that this commercial effectively and creatively showed what the Pepsi Max- with Ginseng is capable. The commercial demonstrated that this Pepsi has more caffeine and with the extra help of ginseng, it will immediately make you feel more energized. The different tempos incorporated into one song illustrated that in one moment, someone can go from feeling drained, lazy, tired, and worn down to feeling energetic, vigorous, and upbeat. The song that Pepsi chose “What is love” was a clever way of suggesting that everyone loves Pepsi, love is Pepsi.
The Pepsi Max- with Ginseng commercial was my favorite super bowl commercial this year. I liked it because it is a classic song that will catch most people attention from the start. The commercial will keep people’s attention because the fast pace of the clips going from one person to another is attractive and the actions of the people are humorous. Not only is it a creative commercial that is appealing to the eye, it sends a clear message. The message is that Pepsi Max- with Ginseng will boost your energy and make you feel happy, energized, and up beat.

No comments: