Overall I thought the argumentative paper was okay to write. I did not find it to be extremely challenging, but also did not think that it was extremely easy to write. I was happy with the finished product and after receiving my grade for the paper, I think it was fair. There were definitely both strengths and weaknesses to my paper.
The first strength that I had was my thesis. I thought it was very strong and clear for the audience. Throughout most of the paper I stuck strictly to the thesis without any problems. There was a place or two that could have been better connected to my thesis and that would be where one of my weaknesses came in. There were some parts of the paper that I just found more to difficult to connect to thesis without it starting to sound too repetitive. I did not want to refer to the thesis so many times that the reader got bored and tired because they already knew what to expect.
The next strength that I had was with my grammar. There were very few places if any where I had problems with the basic grammar in the paper. That was one of the things on the grade sheet that I received all the credit for that was possible.
My first weakness was definitely in my organization. There were times when I had trouble figuring out where to place things and what should follow what. While I think that this was an item that I could improve, it was not so drastic that it prevented me from getting my point across to the audience. The next weakness I had was with the outside source we were supposed to use. I had trouble trying to find a good source to use. When I did finally found one, it did not have a lot of information that I could use; I only used two short quotes. I spent a lot of time trying to find a good source and that was all I could come up with. It got to the point where I could not spend any more time looking for a quote because then I would have enough time to spend writing the paper. I feel like if I would been able to find a better outside source then I would have been able to have the outside source play a bigger and better role in my paper. Those were my major strengths and weaknesses of the paper.
All the comments that were made of my paper we clear. I agree with the one that said some parts of my paper could have been better connected to my thesis. I also agree with the one that talked about introducing my outside source first. That way my audience would have a much better understanding of it. The only comment that was on my paper that I was not sure about was the one that talked about trying to interact more with my audience. It’s not that I do not agree with the comment, it’s just that I’m not sure how to do that more in my paper. I felt like I did a good job trying to pull the reader in and keep them involved. I don’t know what more to do than that. Otherwise the rest of the comments were clear and I agreed with most all of them.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment