When I was writing my paper, I thought that overall it was a decent paper and thought that it was a better paper than the first paper I turned in. I still know that I am not the strongest or best writer in the class, let alone in society. Writing to me is an important skill to have, but I do not excel in writing, however I am still at a high enough level to pass. In my paper, I believe I have some strengths and weaknesses, as well as some areas in which I got stuck on what to write but overall I am okay with my grade.
First of all, I will start out with the strengths of my paper. I believe that my thesis was well written and helped set up the rest of my paper very well. I also think that overall, my sentence structure and grammar was decent. I met the length requirement easily and kept my ideas flowing and used enough sources. I believe that it is a lot easier to point out negatives of your paper, rather than the positives, so I have a lot more negative comments about my paper than positives.
In my paper, I found some weaknesses in my writing, which probably did not help my grade. The first thing I noticed was my word choice. I have a tendency to repetitively use some words over and over again, especially introducing a sentence or transitioning from one sentence to another. In addition, I did not do a very good job of introducing my sources into my paper. I just kind of put my sources in the paper without introducing them or saying anything much about the sources. Also, I get off on tangents a lot that lead me in the wrong direction of what my main points of my paper are. My thesis was a good basis to write the whole paper on, but then when I got off subject I began to stray away from the argument I was trying to get across in my paper, so that is never good. Throughout my writing career, this has been a major problem for me; getting off topic.
Lastly, for the most part I agree with most of the comments, however some points when the comments said can you expand more, I really could not figure out how to expand it any more. But other than that, I do agree I strayed off topic and got away from the main points of my thesis a bit. Overall, I guess I am satisfied with my grade, even though from the last paper it did not change at all.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment