In my opinion, the peer review days are run in a way where everybody seems to be satisfied and really enjoy the way it is done. Personally, I like the way everything is laid out on peer review days. It gives everybody a great chance to make corrections on a fellow classmate’s paper and to see what corrections you can make on your own paper. There is not much I would change about the peer review days; however there would be some slight adjustments I would make.
I think that I would have everyone grade in either blue or red ink so that the papers are clean and neat and the mistakes can be seen better when we, as students, go to make the corrections on our finals drafts. I do not like it at all when somebody reviews and edits mine with a black pen. The black ink blends in with the rest of the paper and sometimes when I go to make corrections, I miss the minor things that they may have put on my paper such as a comma, period, or a missed spelling. Blue or red ink would definitely prevent these types of errors and would make for a more structured review.
I really like the way that we get sheets with questions and review keys for us to fill out and respond to. The sheets give us a great outline and it allows us to look at some things that we might never look at if they weren’t on the paper. It also allows people to look at their papers differently when they look at the other student’s opinions on what they thought and what they did well on their drafts. The only thing that I sometimes do and I am sure others do it as well is I kind of get locked in on answering the questions on the sheet and do not look at the paper as a whole. Of course, no system can be perfect; however, I think that that is the biggest problem with the review sheets.
I really like the way that we do not really have a time limit and a certain amount of papers that we need to look over. In some peer review sessions in the past, my teachers would make each person in the class look over five or six different papers. I found doing this just made the reviewer sloppy and they would make mistakes on editing, thus causing more problems throughout the overall draft. I like that the atmosphere is more laid back and it helps us feel more comfortable. I would do the same thing and make only one or two papers be traded throughout the class period.
I have never had such a great format in reviewing and editing with peers. I think that this is the best system that is in place. However, there can always be changes to make the entire process better. If I were in charge of it all, that is how I would run peer review days.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment