Tuesday, February 26, 2008
When starting the argumentative paper the first thing that I did was pick which story I wanted to analyze. After picking Douglass, I wrote out all the literary elements. Under each literary element I wrote down the ideas that I could remember from reading the text the first time. I then came up with my thesis according to the three most important elements that I found. The next step I took was to reread the text and highlighting important ideas and quotes that I felt would fit into my paper. Rereading the text I felt really helped me to gain a better understanding of how I wanted to go about my paper. Then the final step I took was to write my paper, including the quotes and explaining them.
The process that I took for writing this paper was a little different then the argumentative paper. For the argumentative paper I did not reread the text, but just used the highlighting that I did when I read the text the first time. Reading the text a second time I felt really helped me to understand not only the text better but the assignment as well. The rest of the process was the same for the literary analysis.
I think that the process I used this time worked out very well. I think prewriting really helped me to organize my ideas before I just started typing. It also helped me because when I got stuck writing I could just look at my pre writing and see what I still needed to talk about in the paper. Also finding quotes to use before I wrote the paper helped. The last two papers that I wrote I found quotes as I was writing and I found this to be hard because sometimes I could not find the quote I was looking for and would have to change my idea around.
Organizing myself before sitting down at my computer really helped me with this paper. I think that it will be noticeable in my paper because the last two I kept forgetting to introduce my quotes that I found because I would just put them in the paper. This time I found them before and I knew where I wanted them and how they fit into the paragraph exactly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment