I really enjoyed writing this paper because I was able to put in my own opinion into it. In doing this I believe that it made my argument stronger and more convincing. I was also able to strengthen my argument by including information from another source along with "Savage Inequalities," written by Jonathon Kozol. Both of my sources brought in statistics of how much the Monsanto Company was actually hurting the people of East St. Louis. Statistics are always good for an argument especially if they are from a credible source. My other strength was that I was able to write an organized paper to where I was not wondering from the toppic, which is what I use to struggle with.
When writing papers, and for this paper specifically, I have a problem with the poing ot view shifts such as "you." I do agree that this is one of the things that I need to fix when writing my papers. Another one of my weaknesses was connecting one of my arguments to my thesis. I can remember that I struggled in doing this when i was actually writing the paper therefore, I do agree that this was one of my weaknesses. My final weakness that I had for this paper, especially in my rough draft, was blaming or actually pionting the finger at Monsanto. In my draft I only listed the problems that were caused from the pollution instead of letting Monsanto know that it was their fault. I was able to put the blame on them for my final draft, but there were some places in my paper that could have used more explaining.
Overall I do agree with everything that was said about my paper. The comments were all clear to me and helped me realize what it is that I need to fix. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, but hopefully I will be able to limit my weaknesses in order to improve my grade.
1 comment:
I think that getting the same grade on a paper is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you realize that maybe there are apects and skills in your writing that you can improve. At least you know that you are not going down in your writing abilities. If you are not happy with your grade, revise what needs to be changed, and try not to make the same mistakes in the next assignment.
Post a Comment