Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My writing style

My process for the argumentative paper was different from how I normally write. The changes I made will be beneficial to my writing in the future. I used to start off by just creating a thesis and then letting my thoughts flow. When I was done with my first very rough draft I would go through again edit my paper. For the argumentative paper I needed to be more organized with my sources to accurately prove my point. In order to do this, I needed to change my prewriting technique.
In order to prove that Savage Inequalities is an asset to the Humanities Base Text, I re read the text. After re-reading the text, I was able to organize my information, such as facts and quotes, into an organized manner that developed into the organization of my paper. After I wrote the paper I went back several times to check the citations of my sources throughout my paper. I was disappointed after receiving a lower grade then I thought I was going to receive. After re-reading my paper a week after I had turned in it, I realized how my outside source weakened my paper. My first step was changing my outside source to one that better supported my argument.
From now on my writing process has changed. When I re-wrote my paper, I learned that I need to focus on proving my point to strengthen my paper. When of my biggest weaknesses is not relating my argument back to my thesis and I worked very hard to improve that on the argumentative paper. I think that I try to always keep working on this change I created in my writing. It is one of the most important aspects of writing; to prove your point. When writing my literary analysis, I need to focus on relating my argument back to my thesis. I also want to focus on keeping my paper well organized.

No comments: