I am glad that you asked this question again at the end of the semester because I am proud to say I think I have improved. I don’t remember what I said the first time I was asked this question but it might have been something about how I am better at writing fiction. I think that I used to like this way more because it was more difficult to be proven wrong. When writing a literary analysis or critique, you have a greater chance of being corrected or proven wrong. I used to see myself as a terrible writer and English was my worst subject. After this semester, my skills have improved. I enjoy writing more than I ever have which still is not enough satisfaction for all the papers I have written.
My skills have improved for a number of reasons. The first reason being that because I did poorly in English last semester, I promised myself I would more effort into my papers and it has apparently paid off. Going along with my previous semester grade, I have put more of an effort in doing my homework, taking good notes and doing research ahead of time to know what kind of paper I am writing. Peer editing is a huge part of why I feel I am a better writer. Last semester I did not have peer editing so I would not do a rough draft and would not have anyone correct my writing. This semester I am fortunate enough to have a close friend who is excellent in English and does not mind to edit my papers before peer review day so I feel confident when I come into class.
I do not have any idea how I answered the second question of this prompt the first time around. I now think that writing is an important skill not only for school but for any career outside school. While writing is a necessary skill when attending any level of education, it is just as much of a necessity in lifetime careers. I am planning on working in some type of marketing field and when I will need to write a proposal or some type of pitch for a product, I will most likely have to type it up. Through these English classes I have learned how to catch the reader’s attention and how to convince the reader of my argument with valid arguments. I also learned that in order to convince the reader of your stance, you need to back up your arguments with evidence and strong concluding sentences.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment