Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Writing Style

The first thing I did when I went to write my argumentative paper was to brainstorm a lot of ideas on both the options assigned. Then I decide which option would be easier for me to write on and I choose that topic. After choosing which topic I decided to do, I do a very basic outline of broad topics I want to hit in my paper then as I go I think of supporting details and ideas on not so broad of a scale. Then I put it all together to try a form a good thesis that would be very useful to explaining my paper and giving the readers a great introduction to what my paper is about. After forming the thesis, I then construct my first paragraph, which usually consists of one of my strongest points, however not the strongest. I start out being very broad, and then I break it down into two or three categories from the broad topic. Then from each of those categories, I give two supporting details if I can to help back up all the arguments I made. I do this for all three categories and then and then after all three categories are explained and supported, I do a basic recap of the paragraph. I do this for all the arguments I had and then I create a conclusion paragraph to sum up all my ideas and bring everything together to form a strong argument.
While writing my literary analysis paper I followed the same basic same steps but just used a little bit of a different thought process in order to think of the best way to analysis the story we read and which story to choose to write about. In the future, I think I will change my process if my grades do not get any better. If my grades aren’t that good then I think that I must have to change something and I think it would begin with my process. I would probably change how I thought about the different ways I was going to support my paper and come up with better supporting details. I think my hardest part is having a writer’s block when trying to elaborate on my thoughts to in order to help this problem I should probably plan out everything I am going to write about step by step even more so than I do.

No comments: