Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Writing Process

I would say that my writing process for the argument paper was very much similar to my process of writing the literary analysis. This could be because I wrote an argumentive letter along with analyzing the text for the analysis paper. The process I used was pretty basic but I feel that it worked well for writing both of my papers.
For both papers I started off by re - reading the texts and as I read the text I would underline any information that I thought was useful for the argument. I would then group the underlined information separating the information into different categories such as: health issues, money issues, use of symbolism etc. The information collected from the text was used as my base for each paragraph which allowed me to expand in my own words to strengthen my argument.
With the information separated I would then start forming each paragraph. Stating what my argument is in the beginning paragraph I would then use my gathered information to form the body of my paper. For the argument assignment I used the basic information from the text in order to prove how harmful the plant was to the citizens. As for the literary analysis I still stayed with writing an argumentive paper out of it, but I went into further detail with the style of writin and how it is important to the reader. More quotes were used in the lit analysis in order to analyze each portion of the text.
For the conclusion I just restated my argument along with some extra information that i pulled from the text to strengthen my paper. Overall I feel that my process of writing both of these papers was f successful for me.

No comments: