Whenever I receive a paper, I always look at the requirements and any criteria that I need to consider. The proceeding process that I take consists of composing an outline, not detailed but had information that I could understand and follow when writing my paper. As far as research goes for the paper, I always consider which option I want to write and then start looking on the library databases for information that I could use to put into my paper and have as an extra source of information that is scholarly. I also look at Ohio link to guide me through my research. I normally get a few different sources to rely on when putting information in my paper, because I don’t like to have just one source to base my paper off of. After I gather all my information, I read each source and annotate it. By annotating the source, I am able to pick out things I liked and disliked in the article and this helps me establish my thoughts on which parts I would like to put in my paper. The sources I find have too much information at times, but I try to pick out the most important points.
The most positive thing when doing research that I find helpful is the variety of sources that I can use to help contribute to my paper. Based on the assignment, I am also not limited to selecting only one source, but sometimes there might be a limit of two or three. Depending on the assignment, it makes sense to have a few if the assignments have a longer paper length, but if the length is only two to three pages, then I believe one source is plenty. I have written quite a few research papers and I always like doing the planning stage, as far as putting together my paper with the sources that I found and any other information that would make my paper believable and scholarly. Research does take concentration, but I have found over the years that it has become easier and easier just depending on what I am writing on. Putting a paper together does take a lot of time and preparation, because a person cannot just throw together thoughts and make their paper. I always write my paper out, before typing it and then I can see exactly what I want to put in my paper and also to make sure that it makes sense.
The most negative thing when doing research for me involves doing research on a certain topic that I might not have been able to select. At times, I feel that based on the topic I have selected I can barely find any sources to provide with sufficient information that is suitable for my paper. This is the hardest for me and sometimes there are not a lot of sites that have scholarly articles and information to use for the paper. Even at times, the library databases do not always have enough information in the articles for me to use in my papers. I feel that having enough information is important to back up the arguments made in a paper and just to support my answers.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment