My writing process is not the most rigorous of processes, but it does have several concrete steps to it. To start off my process I first read the prompt a couple times to fully understand what the reader wants from me. After this I begin to brainstorm and pull ideas together on how I can go about writing my paper and what things I can and should incorporate in my paper to make it as strong as possible. Once this step is done with I then write the base of my paper; my thesis. Once I figure out my thesis I make sure it is in front of me the whole time I write my paper so I make sure not to get off track. Once my thesis is down I plot out what all my paragraphs will say. This is an important step for me because it allows me to write a paper that has good structure and makes it so the reader can follow it better.
After the main structure of my paper is formed I then start the writing of my paper. When writing this paper I went about it the same as any other paper for the most part. I do best when in a very quiet place where there are no distractions. After finishing my paper I make sure to read and reread it for any errors or to make any improvements. After this I read it aloud to see if it makes sense. Finally, I have a friend read it to check for more errors or improvements that could be made. I did make several changes for writing my argumentative paper. For this paper I really had to pull more idea’s from the classroom discussions when trying to analyze A Dream Deferred. By doing this it gave me a broader topic to write on because I had many more ideas. Another thing I had to do for this paper that I didn’t have to do much for my other papers was research. I had to look up research on Langston Hughes to fully understand what he was trying to express in his poem. This allowed me to write stronger paper because it really helped me analyze the text better. Besides these two things, the general structure of my writing process did not change dramatically.
Though I didn’t change that much in my writing process the changes I did make definitely improved my paper. In the future I will most likely try and pull more ideas from the classroom because it really helped me prepare a more well-rounder paper. This also made it so it is a more enjoyable for the reader. Though I can’t do research for every paper I write, I will definitely make sure to do it when I can. I like having the opportunity to do research on the author because it really helped me understand him better. This gave me a stronger paper because I really felt like I knew exactly what Hughes was trying to say. Over all I wouldn’t say I will change my writing process completely in the future, but I will definitely add these new steps to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment