The town I lived in wasn't even much of a town. It is actually called the 'Village of Fort Recovery.' We only have one stoplight and no fast food restaraunts. On the other hand we did have a few family owned restaurants which everyone in our town/village enjoyed going to. One of my favorites was the Homestead, which was located on the corner of our only stoplight. Over the past 5 or 6 yeas the place we use to call Homestead has gone through many changes.
Every sunday my family went through the same routine. We all would wake up bright and early to get ready for 8am mass, which was only a minute drive from our house. After mass we would then drive into town and eat breakfast at the Homestead. This occured every sunday until the Homestead went out of business. It was soon bought up by some other family out of town and was called Conoes. No longer was it a sit down restaraunt for others to enjoy. Instead it was turned into a bar. After about a year the owners of Conoes sold the bar to another family.
Over the years this building has changed names numerous times. So many times in fact that I cannot even remember its current name. Even today I still describe it as the Homestead because that is what I am use to and everyone in my town knows what I am talking about whenever I mention it.
I cannot say that I am happy about the change, but I feel like I won't ever get use to calling it something else. A lot of my friends, along with my family feels the same way for they still call it the Homestead.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment