Sunday, March 9, 2008
same place, new name
Once a place or store has an established name, I think that it never goes away no matter what. There is a store in my hometown called marketplace. It was originally named Top Hat. We still call it Top Hat in our community. Whenever anybody even mentions it being named marketplace, people do not identify with it as a place on the corner of fourth street and main street. However, when anybody mentions Top Hat I automatically know what they are talking about. It is weird how names stick and no matter how hard people may try and change the names around, the original will always stick. It just goes to show that first impressions last, whether it be a name of a place or even a person’s personality. It is a comfort thing for most people, I think. It was the way that they were raised and it is hard to change your habits of calling it the original name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment