Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Research Paper

A research paper must be tackled as smart way. There is so much information on literacy out there, which it may be hard to sift through all of it to find what you are looking for. There are a plethora of things that one can do research on and completing the research is sometimes just as hard as finding an appropriate subject to look into. When looking at literacy, there are so many different kinds that it may be hard to narrow down what kind of literacy are worth researching. In this case, it is helpful to have read all of the text in HB and also to understand the concepts in each selection. That way, you can find the specific type of literacy you want to research.
When first trying to find credible sources, I believe I do what most students do; I resort to the internet. There is a wealth of knowledge on the internet. Some of the information would not help a research paper, but I look for the websites that are extremely credible and have accurate information. Accurate information is hard to come by when looking online unless you are using a scholarly search engines. There is a lot of misleading information on the internet.
The library is a great place to find sources for research. Library online catalogs will help navigate you to the proper books for research. Then it just is a matter of sifting through those books to find information that will be beneficial to the research paper. There are so many authors out there that have published their own research and by using several publications, a new writer can formulate new opinions to offer to the readers.
I find that research is very helpful to me. It is one of the writing assignments that I feel that I excel in. I enjoy not just putting my own ideas on a subject down on paper. I like to find out what many other people have to say on my topic. The writers that are published have thoughts and ideas that carry weight to them in the academic community. By reading these publications, I feel like I am learning more about my subject and not just writing down what I already know.
There are a few things that I do not like about research assignments, but the main one is that sometimes searching for sources can be a daunting task. There are so many publications to look through that there may be a few books that cover the topic of research, but it will not have any good quotes. A publication needs to contain concepts that would strengthen a research paper for it to be a source worth crediting in an essay.

No comments: