Response to: How would your life differ if you had a negative view of literacy?
I would say that my life would be extremely different if I had a negative view of literacy. If something happened to me when I was young that impacted the way I see and learn literacy, then I probably would not read or write at all. My definition of literacy is the ability to read and write. Also in my definition of literacy is the ability to comprehend text and understand what the author is trying to get the reader to think. This ability to read and comprehend text is essential in life because it is used in everyday life and in the workplace.
Also, reading and writing is essential to pass high school and to also pass college. Writing gives someone the ability to communicate in the workplace and in the classroom. Writing also is a way of expressing yourself toward a particular subject that you want to write on. If someone had a negative impact on their literacy, then they would have significant problems in the future.
If I had a negative experience of literacy when I was younger, then I doubt that I would have made it this far through college, let alone graduating from high school. This would be a major disadvantage in life because I probably would have given up on reading and writing all together. I think my life would be at a major disadvantage, because if you didn’t have confidence in my writing skills, then I don't think I would have much confidence in doing any type of activity at all. I would probably be at home right now without a job or any type of schooling and probably be very disappointed with my life to that point because I gave up writing and reading. I would also probably not have a good life because I would not know how to appreciate literature and also I would not be able to appreciate novels, books, and other writings that I now enjoy reading.
Reading and writing is essential in life because it allows you to earn an education and to work at a certain profession that you would like to pursue. By having a negative experience with literacy, this is indeed taking away an important aspect in one’s life. Reading and writing enhances one’s knowledge of information in the world today and betters’ the mind for critical thinking skills. A negative impact on literacy skills will give someone a major disadvantage in life because someone will not have the necessary means to read and write which will affect what they can accomplish in life.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment