My life would be a lot different with a negative view of literacy. One way it which it would be greatly different is that I would not be here at the University Of Dayton. I also would be at a very crappy job that I hated. I think that literacy is a very important part of every one’s life. All people must view literacy as an important life skill that will help them succeed in all that they want to do with their life.
The first thing that would happen if I had a negative view would have failed in all I try to do in high school. There is no way for any I could have passed any of my classes with a negative view of literacy. Without the ability to pass classes in high school I would never be let into a college. I like that I have the ability to gain knowledge at any time that I wish, with the skills I have gained by being literate. I would not learn if I had no sort of drive to be literate. I would not have gotten into a college without the drive for literacy. I think that my family and teachers have helped to instill a good work ethic and a positive view of literacy.
If I had not gotten into college then I would be working in a low paying job. I would be working at an airport sorting packages or at McDonalds flipping hamburgers for a living. This would be a real bad way to be spending my life. I could not imagine a life where I was doing something that I hate. I would not be able to get out of this bad life. Without a drive to learn I would just be a sorry person.
Another thing that would be bad would be that I could not read just for fun. I think that reading for fun is a great thing. I get to learn a lot about the world around me. Also, I like that I can also read things that are not real at all. It is just like watching a movie. But unlike in a movie I get to make a mental picture of what is going on. And none of this would be possible if I did not have a positive view of literacy.
I would still have a hard time in life if I could get a good job while still possessing the negative views of literacy. I would have a very hard time trying to write reports for the company that I was working for. I would not have any drive to write a report at all. If I did get the drive to finally write the report it would just be slapped together. I don’t think that I could hold a good job if I could even get one. So a positive view of literacy will help me to achieve just about anything that I choose to do.
I think that a positive view on literacy has helped to shape me as the person that I am today. I have lots of people to thank for helping me get to where I am today with my literacy, although most of all it has to do with my drive to learn. Without my drive to learn I could not have pushed myself near as far as I have. I would just be a failure story of a kid who did not try at all in life. I would not even be worth telling about.
No comments:
Post a Comment