If I lived my life having a negative view of literacy, I know that I would not be anything close to who I am today. I grew up in an environment that was focused positively around the importance of literacy. I have gotten so used to the fact that literacy is one of the most important things in my life I have to take it seriously. If I lived my life thinking about literacy as any less important, I would not be as successful. Focusing my attention on literacy throughout my life has helped me form a good work ethic.
Being literate has enabled me to do many things in life. I was able to get several different jobs because I was enrolled in school which had taught me a hard work ethic which is essential in having a job. If I thought of literacy as being negative I know I would have not gotten involved with school or even getting a job because I would not take it seriously. I would have missed out on the things that I learned while having a job. Having a job taught me things that cannot be taught unless one can experience it themselves. I learned things from social skills to working together with people to learning how a business works. I had so many different experiences that helped form me into the person I am today. Those experiences are ones that I will never forget because I went through things and met different people that helped me grow. If I had a negative view about literacy I would have missed out on those experiences that shaped me and taught me what I know.
Also if I had a negative view of literacy I would not have been able to make it out of high school and into college. I would not have cared about working hard to pass any of my classes. That would have caused me not to learn anything so I would not be as wise as I am today. Without a college degree it would be very hard to start a career after college. I would have to find a low-paying job that would not be able to help me support a family. This is not something that I would want so having a negative view of literacy would have crushed my hopes and dreams about having a career and starting a family.
Looking at literacy with a negative view would obviously have changed my life for the worst. I would not be as successful or as happy as I am today. Literacy ultimately shaped me into who I am and what I stand for. My life is based off a positive view of literacy because I have worked hard in school and got accepted into the college of my choice. I still plan to work hard enough so I can graduate with a degree and to start making my dreams come true.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment