Writing in general is something that I believe is very important. It is essential to school and that is where I most use it but it is essential to many other things in life. It is used in everyday communication like leaving a note for your roommate, or writing and e mail to a professor but it also needed for more important things like in school and in jobs. You have to be able to write and write well to get thorough college. It also is important after college in almost any field of work, lawyers and doctors have to keep written records of their clients and patients, and most other professions involve some kind of writing. Writing can also be a way that people express themselves or be a way to escape everyday life. It also can simply be for fun and a way to relax and tell stories, real and made up to others. In regards to myself, I don’t technically see myself as a writer. I know that I can write and I do a lot of writing for my classes but I don’t write for the fun of writing. To me to be a real writer one has to truly enjoy doing it.
As for education, I believe that is extremely important. I believe it is essential to having a happy and fulfilling life. I think education is something that everyone should have and should be taken very seriously. In general I think my views on education are similar to most in society. Our society in American at least requires and provides some form of education for everyone, I believe that this shows that they think it is very important. I do think though whether one truly values their education or not varies. Some people merely want to do what is required of them by the government and other thought go way beyond what is required. I personally plan on going well beyond what is required. Another thing that shows that society does value education is that in most cases, the more education one has the more money they will potentially earn in their lifetime. If society did not care about education this would not be true.
Overall, I do not think my views on these subjects have changed much throughout the course. I think this course solidified my views on these subjects through the required readings that related to literacy and the benefits of being literate and the disadvantages that one faces when they are illiterate.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment