When it comes to writing I compare myself to a sunflower. I broke my seed covering when I first wrote my name and alphabet and pushed through soil until my first narrative in the first grade. From there my stem of writing abilities grew adding beautiful blossoming leaves with every new skill I acquired. And today I see my flower as finally blossoming. I feel as though all of my writing abilities and hard work are finally beginning to show, in all aspects of my life. Overall, I feel as though I am a young writer with much a lot of ability. I believe that my writing has a unique style of its own, while at the same time following the prompts and situations needed.
I definitely think that writing is an extremely valuable for my life. My first reason is because it offers another form of communication with people. And when other forms of communication have failed in my life, writing has always been there for me; from e-mails to diary entries to poems that explain my feelings. For example, when my grandfather passed away, I read a poem at his funeral in order to sum up his life and the respect that I held for him. Also, I value my writing skill because it is a creative outlet for me. I am not necessarily a poet, but I have always loved writing poetry. I think that the different styles are always interesting to learn and that they help me to think ‘outside of the box’ which can help when problem solving. In addition, writing is a valuable skill because it is educates. It is obvious to me that if no one around the world or before my generation could write, I would not know as information as I do. History would have had to rely oral accounts and primary sources would not exist. Also, revolutionary experiments in the world of medicine and technology would not have been recorded, and no one would really know what happened or why. I honestly cannot fathom what my life may be like if I had not read books or poetry. Furthermore, if people had not written things down before me, it would be extremely difficult navigate somewhere on my own, someone would have to orally give me directions and I would have to rely on my memory to remember the directions because I would not be able to write the directions down on paper.
In conclusion, I feel that as a writer I am blossoming in to a writer for all seasons. In addition, I feel that my ability to write helps mold me into the person I want to be because it serves as a communication outlet, a creativity outlet, and a facilitation in education and everyday life. Sometimes when I think about what life would be like without reading and writing I cringe, because I feel as though the world would be a less colorful place.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment