I see myself as a developing writer. I haven’t yet learned a lot of skills that are needed to reach my full level of writing. I see myself also as more of a technical writing then something like an author. As an engineer I know a lot of my job will require the skill of writing as in the form of reports and proposals. I know that as a writer I lack of many skills because my grammar and my sentence structure is so poor when I write works. Since I have that problem I have found ways to address it by getting my paper reviewed and read over by a fellow student and I believe I will continue that through the rest of my school years and career. I also however enjoy being a poet which is a form of writing. It is not the kind of writing that we see a lot of in the beginning levels of English is College but it is a form of expression through writing.
Writing is an important skill since it falls into about every aspect of someone’s life. In order for you to communicate with the people around you, you need to know who to write. This is because if you have good writing skills you are usually about to talk and interact with the people around you better. This is because writing skill reflects on reading skill which in turn gives you a better vocabulary which improves your ability to communicate. You also need have good writing skill in the work force. You could be the smartest person and have the best ideas but if your writing skill is low no one will see that. Your writing skill along with your reading skill is a way in which people judge you and see you as a person of education or not. There are also other ways that you can see that writing is important outside of the classroom. When someone wants to write a note no matter how simple the note is, they are using the skill of writing. When you want to write someone an e-mail you are also using your skill of writing. Those are simple examples of writing but there are more complex ones as well. Take the skill of the writing a comparison paper for class that is three to four pages. That paper will help you to understand what things and ways to compare two or more things together. When later on in your writing development or even in the scientific world you may be asked to compare two things. You will know how and on what standards you can compare these two things and have some backing to why you compared them that way.
Writing is a skill that is developed through school but not just for school. Since your writing and reading skill is a reflection of who and how educated you are one should try to achieve their best when they are writing for the public to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment