Gregory Scaccia
Blog Response to #1
Writing to me is an important aspect of life. Writing is letting your creative side come into full blossom because when I write I like to express myself as best as I can. This makes writing intriguing and also challenging. Writing is challenging because it is hard sometimes to translate emotions and feelings into words on a piece of paper. In my opinion this is what writing is supposed to be.
I see myself as a always learning type of writer. To define this, I mean that I was a well rounded writer in high school and this transitioned into college where I am always learning new ways to write papers and essays. I feel that this is essential to writing because there are so many ways that are available to write papers and essays. This allows for development of essential skills that are needed throughout life.
The skills that I am learning come from comments on my papers and from my peer reviewers. One of my high school teachers stated that revisions never come to a stop. There are always new items that can be fixed or changed in an essay and to grasp an understanding of these skills is essential to becoming a great writer. I feel that I am a pretty good writer due to the fact that I constantly revise my papers and essays.
Writing is not only constrained to school in my opinion. Writing is an essential skill that is needed in the workplace and other aspects of life. Communicating with co-workers or clients is important to the success of the company and the success of yourself. Writing is useful to write up reports of various research projects to present to others and also someone in the work community might have to be able to persuade others to purchase something or to have a particular viewpoint on a subject. Almost all of the skills acquired from high school and college writing classes will be a huge benefit to the work world and also to regular life in general.
In life, people need to write notes, grocery lists, and tasks down on paper. If the skills of writing were not acquired in the classroom, then society would not be able to communicate with each other based on the fact that writing is essential in life. This makes writing of utmost importance in and outside of the classroom.
I find myself to be a proficient writer in writing college level essay’s and papers. This allows me to take this precious skill and to apply it to the workforce after graduating from college in almost any discipline. In conclusion, being able to write lets one have a greater understanding of how people write and also how to write various papers. Also, writing is used everywhere in life and not just in the classroom.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment