Throughout my school years I have written many papers and have done many different types of writing. For instance, poetry, reports, short stories, etc. I enjoy writing poetry and short stories the most because they are fun and can be related to topics I am interested in and can include my personal stories within my writing. I like writing to an extent, however I do not like writing papers on topics I am not interested in, so therefore I know I do not put as much effort fourth as I should.
As a writer, I see myself as an alright writer but by far not a good or excellent writer. I know how to write if I really like the topic and enjoy it, however a lot of the time I end up going off on tangents and getting away from the main point of many of my papers. Overall, I think my grammar is pretty good as long as I proofread my paper before I turn it in, which in some cases I do not. I know English is definitely not my favorite class because of all the writing we have to do, however I can write decently well if I put time and effort into a paper, which I lack on some occasions because I have other subjects I must worry about. Also, I do not consider myself very creative or wordy so to say; I cannot come up with good stories and use an extensive vocabulary because of my lack interest in reading and writing. I really want to start to get into reading and writing for fun, however I really do not have any free time to pick up any such hobbies that would help improve my writing skills.
I believe that writing is a very important skill and is very useful in everyday life. Writing is a way to communicate and keep a record of history. Also, to some people, writing is the way they express themselves and get their feelings out. However, after a certain level or grade, I believe that writing should just be done within other classes and that English classes could be done away with as a required course. If I could not write I would feel so lost and unimportant to society because in our society writing is such a huge part of communicating throughout the world. Writing is an essential skill for every human to have if they want to make something out of themselves and have a good future.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment