I feel education is vital for success in today’s society. In order to ensure a bright future, one must receive a respectable degree at a university of choice, and in some cases, it is crucial for an individual to pursue various graduate programs. Depending on the desired profession, the education required can vary. However, the individual with the highest degree of education will typically receive the most benefits. For example, if two candidates are interviewing for an ideal job position with equivalent credentials, the person with the highest education will most likely be offered the job. Overall, I feel that education is a highly valued asset.
As a child, I was always taught to value my education. From the beginning of preschool, I was encouraged to take school seriously, and I enjoyed learning. My parents have greatly influenced my views concerning education, and I am thankful that they challenged me in my studies. My mother used to help me with my homework every day after school when I was little- in order to ensure that I was completing assignments, and my father still pushes me to this day. Both parents have served as a positive role model in my life, and both grasp the value of a good education. My father worked extremely hard in high school and college in order to support his education and attend a university. Currently, my dad is encouraging me to get my masters degree in order to receive a higher education and more job opportunities. I feel the value of education is greatly impacted by multiple factors. A successful educational program depends on the quality of the school, the academic reputation, the teachers and faculty, the school funding, and the student body. Schools are becoming more and more competitive today, and I feel that the value of education is increasing. Due to the unstable economy, jobs are becoming rarer and companies are expecting higher education levels.
Due to the increasing unemployment rate, I think society is beginning to realize the impact an education has on a person’s life. Education provides more jobs, opportunities, and life experiences. However, not everyone is able to receive such a great gift. With the increasing poverty rate, school dropout rates are still relatively high. Drugs, teen pregnancy, and alcohol, all attribute to drop out rates, and some situations are unavoidable. After high school, not all students are able to attend college. Although many grants and scholarships are available, college tuition is an extremely price to pay for an education. People in today’s society are highlighting these factors and are trying to help support the less fortunate students. Everyone has a right to an education, and if a student is bright and determined, he deserves an equal opportunity.
In addition, society is becoming much more specific with educational requirements. Colleges are requiring more and more prerequisites, jobs are expecting higher degrees of education, and teachers are expecting more and more out of their students. With standardize testing and national rankings of schools; education has always been a hot topic. Everyone wants to receive the best education and everyone wants to be a part of a highly prestigious school. I think that society should continue to stress the significance of education, but members should provide more options for students who are less fortunate and face limited education opportunities.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment