As an Education major, obviously education is very important to me. I believe that one should try to gain as much knowledge as they can and never stop trying to learn. By doing thing one can achieve great things and can learn a lot about themselves also. There are many different aspects to education, it does not necessarily mean going to school. People can be educated through their job or by staying on top of current world events. In my opinion though, going to school and working toward a profession is the best start to any educational path.
In today’s society many people do not place as much importance on education as I do. While students strive to go to college and get jobs, many still drop out and are unemployed or not in the field they desire. I feel that this is unhappiness and a waste. Although many students cannot afford to go to college, they can work hard in any job and work their way up the ladder to a job that they desire. I believe society should be more willing to help those students who wish to go on and further their educational experiences.
The ideal educational path to me would be to go to college for four years, get a job, obtain a master’s degree, and be happy with the profession I chose. For many people this is not the ideal pathway. Many people chose not to go to college and to get a job right out of high school, some never finish high school. Educational paths are different for everyone, but as long as that person is happy with where they are then I do not see anything wrong with it.
Because of my parents, I basically had no other choice but to go to college, which was fine with me. I wanted to! My parents have been the ones who really influenced my opinion on education. My mom is a teacher and has expressed how important it is to be educated and how an education is something that no one can take away from you. Believing in this makes me want to go into the education field so that I can influence students much like my parents have influenced me.
To me, happiness is my goal in life. I would rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable; therefore, for me, obtaining an education degree and working with children would make me happy. I wish to pass on my ideal educational path to kids of the next generations and hope that they too will want to be happy. I would like to help them find a profession or field of study in which they would like to continue. This is the reason I want to work with older students because they are the ones who need adults the most and need to have that reinforcement that they are smart and can succeed in their goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment