After reading Savage Inequalities, from The Humanities Based Text, I started to value education much more. Before I read it I had always realized its importance, but I never really thought of what it would be like to not be able to receive a proper education. I had always taken education for granted and never really looked into its importance. This semester of English has not only strengthened my education but also has strengthened my personal views on education.
Not being able to receive a proper education limits people for working to their potential in life. Now in the U.S. you need an education for almost any job. Whether you want to work for the postal service or be a big time lawyer you must first get a good education. Our country needs to have people who are well educated because if we don’t then we cannot compete with the rest of the world’s economy. We need to have smart innovative people who can come up with new ideas and make this country successful. If the U.S. falls behind in education our economy will soon follow, this is why it is important for us as a country value education.
I would like to think most of our society values education, but after looking at how many cities in the U.S. are in poverty and are lacking education I feel as though I may have overestimated in my thinking’s. More and more areas are losing jobs and going down in the dumps in this country and education soon follows. By not doing what we can to help out these places we are letting our country go uneducated. If we keep up with this streak of carelessness we are going to fall even more behind than we already are in education. And after that we will be completely dependent on other countries to take care of us.
Education is very important to individuals and society. Though not as many people value it as should, it is something we need to put much focus on. Education determines our future and the countries future which it is why we must make sure that everyone is getting one.
No comments:
Post a Comment