Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Views on Education

America tends to put a great deal of emphasis on success. Americans strive to do whatever it takes to be the best in all aspects of life. Many Americans believe that success comes from a good education and hard work. In my opinion, I believe education is a good way to become acquainted with the rest of the world. I believe society’s emphasis on education is important to the wellbeing of the world.
In my opinion, I believe that education opens up many doors for an individual. I believe its purpose is to help every individual become more acclimated in the world that they live in. Without a quality education, people could become naive to what the world has to offer. There are many dangers in the world that basic education protects the world’s populace from. I also think that education provides opportunities for an individual to be whatever he or she wants. Education aids in peoples discoveries of themselves. Through these discoveries, people can choose a vocation that best suits them. It people are lucky enough, they can go onto a higher level of education. Colleges and universities provide endless opportunities for people to enhance their future and look for a quality career.
I believe society’s views on education are to become as successful as possible. Many Americans define success through the amount of money and material possessions. In many ways I agree with this concept. In modern society, it is impossible to survive without money. We live in a very fast paced society that requires the use of modern technologies. Many years ago, it was not necessary to have very much education. This is because there was very little technology and money could easily be obtained through physical labor. In some ways I do not agree with society’s views on education and success. There are many people in the world who do not find success through the job they hold or the money they have. Many people find success through their ability to help others and maintain strong bonds of friendship and family. Education is not needed for such forms of success. Also, there are many forms of education that society does not necessarily agree with. An example could be the Amish people. Parents educate their children on what they believe is necessary to survive. Children learn certain crafts and the value religion plays in their lives. These people do not believe in formal or public education and find themselves successful in the lives they lead.
In most cases, education is vital to today’s bustling society. It is needed to find monetary success and understand everything the world has to offer. I believe education is a necessity in today’s culture, but I do recognize and understand alternative forms of success and education.

No comments: